1. What personal data we collect?
We do not collect any personal data when you enter this website or visit any section of this website. However, we collect personal data from you when you contact us, when you apply for a job opening or for the purpose to seek legal advice, so that we can respond to your request, process your job application or when you engage with us in order to receive our services.
2. How we use your personal data and for which purposes?
We will use your data for the below purposes:
a) When you contact us
Our website gives you the possibility to contact us by sending us an email, or a letter by traditional post or contacting us by phone. If you contact us for any matter, we will process the information you provide us, in order to contact you and handle any message, request, information or query that you have submitted. The personal data that we will process for this purpose are:
- Full name and the enterprise that you may represent
- Contact information
- Data provided directly by you (e.g. the content of the message that you sent to us)
The legal basis for processing your personal data will be the handling of your request and our overriding legitimate business interest to properly handle messages, requests, information or queries submitted by third parties. Any personal data that you have provided us in this respect will be stored in our files until we can properly handle the relevant request.
b) When you apply for a job
If you choose to provide us with your personal data in order to apply for a job, we will process such data, in order to evaluate your qualifications and process your application. The personal data that we will use are the ones provided by you, such as the information included in your CV/resume, cover letter and your contact details. The processing of your personal data in such case is based on our legitimate interest to properly evaluate job applications and make informed decisions on new recruitments and, in case that you are an eligible candidate, to take the necessary steps prior to entering into an employment contract with you. Should your qualifications and experience match those required for the opening you applied for or any of our current openings, we will contact you. Otherwise, we will keep your CV/resume and cover letter for a maximum period of one (1) year.
c) When you engage our firm
We collect and process information provided to us by or on behalf of our clients and their respective executives, agents, consultants and staff for the purpose of rendering legal services. In this respect we collect the following personal data:
- Full name and the enterprise that you may represent (and title position)
- Contact information, e.g. home/work/email address and phone numbers
- Data related to methods of payment
- Data provided directly by you
- Data generated by us in the course of providing legal services
- Background information and personal data necessary not only to fulfil our statutory obligations in relation to conflict checks, anti-money laundering, knowing our clients procedures but also to prepare for legal proceedings or defend a claim or render the required legal services to our clients. To such effect we may collect and process personal data of third parties involved in the legal proceedings we handle.
This collection and processing of personal data is justified by the scope of our function and is based on our legitimate interest as a law firm providing professional legal services, in accordance always with our commitment towards our clients. More specifically, we collect and process your personal data based on the following legal bases:
- For the performance of an engagement contract to which you are a party;
- In order to take the necessary steps prior entering into an employment contract with you;
- For the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- To comply with our legal obligations as a law firm;
- To protect your vital interests when we act on your behalf under the capacity as your legal advisors;
- For our law firm’s legitimate business purposes;
- Based on your consent, for the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes.
3. How we share and how we protect your personal data?
The security of your personal data is of significant importance to us. To his purpose, we use up-to-date technology and security measures to safeguard your personal data from unauthorized access misuse, disclosure, unlawful destruction or loss.
We will not share or disclose your personal data to any third party except from our trusted service providers, including IT entities who act on behalf and under the instructions of our firm and are bound to comply with all necessary technical and organizational measures and all industry standards for the protection of your personal data. Unless you have given us your consent, we will not transfer or disclose your personal data to any third persons (legal entities or individuals), except for those third persons that may be appointed by our law firm to act on your behalf or where we are required by law or otherwise to do so. In case that we transfer your personal data to service providers which are located outside the European Union and the European Economic Area, we will do so in full compliance with the data protection legislation and on the basis of an adequacy decision issued by the European Commission or other sufficient safeguards, including the execution of model clauses with the services providers receiving your personal data.
5. What are your rights?
You have the right to request access to your personal data. Moreover, you have the right to have your personal data rectified or erased and the right to restrict and to object to the processing of your personal data by our law firm. In the case that you have provided your prior consent to us for the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes, you have also the right to withdraw such consent. In addition, you have the right to receive the personal data that we keep for you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have them transmitted to another company suggested by you without hindrance from our firm. The above rights can be exercised by sending an email to the email address provided hereunder.
If you consider that our firm violates the applicable data protection laws when processing your personal data, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Hellenic Data Protection Authority (www.dpa.gr).
6. Contact us
If you wish to exercise any of your rights above or you have any questions or concerns in relation to this policy, please send us an email at email@example.com
Last updated: June, 2020.